Build Custom Ecommerce websites from Scratch using Django Framework
It’s quite tricky and challenging to choose among the many frameworks for your e-commerce application development.
These are the points to decide a suitable framework for your e-commerce:
- How easy it is to change UI, does it have pluggable, customisable themes available in the market?
- How much customization can be done to the framework to suit your need.
- How many plugins are available for the framework.
- How strong is the developer community.
- What is the development time needed to get your idea to life.
- Does it have frequent security updates released.
- Will it provide REST API to develop mobile apps.
- How scalable it is to support your application growth.
Are you looking for an e-commerce application development and worrying about the budget, technology stack to use? Here is our solution to make your life easy.
Want to launch your thoughts in the Internet world? Great thanks to the awesome improvements to what programming languages can do. Python is the perfect solution because it’s simple to understand and powerful enough to build AI systems.
There are several web development frameworks developed upon python. Out them the following are the best-fit frameworks to build e-commerce applications. They are
We at MicroPyramid use Django as our primary framework for back end development. If you’d like to see some of the awesome applications that we’ve already developed with Django, you can visit our portfolio page.
Why to Choose Django to build an e-Commerce application?
Every e-commerce application is dealt with buying and selling. So, it is all dealing with money. So, here are the factors that affect your application to go down in this competitive digital market.
- User Experience
- How fast the application is being loaded
Django’s e-commerce frameworks have all the above features such they won’t let your business go down. The following are the famous Django’s e-commerce frameworks.
Out of all the above Django-Oscar is our choice as it is structured in such a way that any part of the core functionality can be customised to suit the needs of your project. Django Oscar allows to integrate any payment gateway, multi-currency support, multi-language support. And the framework has a wide range of development support community.
Django Oscar supports all the core factors of e-commerce business application that are mentioned above. It has the following additional features which are key for the e-commerce web application.
- Customisable products, such as T-shirts with personalized messages.
- Large catalogue support — Oscar is used in production by sites with more than 20 million products.
- Multiple fulfillment partners for the same product.
- A range of merchandising blocks for promoting products throughout your site.
- Sophisticated offers that support virtually any kind of offer you can think of — multi-buys, bundles, buy X get 50% off Y etc
- Vouchers (built on top of the offers framework)
- Comprehensive dashboard that replaces the Django admin completely.
- Support for complex order processing such split payment orders, multi-batch shipping, order status pipelines.
- Extension libraries available for many payment gateways, including PayPal, GoCardless, DataCash and more.
Here is our blog to create and customise your e-commerce application that is built with Django-Oscar
And you can choose your platform of where to deploy your application, here are our blog posts of how to deploy your Django application in Heroku, AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
The article was originally published at MicroPyramid blog