How to Avoid Salesforce Software Project Failure
SalesForce is one such big cloud computing where the entire workforce of the different sectors relies on. Many times, a Sales project fails and the obvious reasons are the vivid goals, unclear objectives, mid breakthrough of strategies. The failure of such a big builder of applications is a big question.
What makes these projects go wrong? This question has the solution itself where you started the base from. Let us understand the focal point to keep track of while dealing with CRM-like objects.
A major hindrance in the great going of Salesforce Project
While satisfying the ongoing journey of customers’ broad needs; the service provider forgets to boost the result with the same enthusiasm. The one feels “everything started perfectly” and neglecting the other implementations needed has crushed the Salesforce value within the business. And this has concluded into failure as the CRM — has always counted on Salesforce.
Reasons Why Salesforce projects fail?
Yes, Salesforce Projects fail. It is irrespective of whether it is a small project or a big project. There is always a probability of failure while implementing the projects.
- Focus on Core users: One of the reasons why salesforce implementations fail is when the client doesn’t prioritize the requirements of the core users but rather concentrates more on non-user requirements. For example, if a company wants the salesforce CRM for the sales team, but the company keeps including people from finance, technical, production, etc, then the main objective gets disturbed. It is good to have all the teams involved but it is important to concentrate on the core users.
2. Right Salesforce Edition: In order to cut the costs, many companies choose for professional edition in place of enterprise edition as the professional license costs lower than the enterprise edition. A professional license might seem attractive in the starting but it’s not effective in the longer run. To increase efficiency, companies have to tweak the system and look for customizations to make life easier.
3. Complex Systems: Many companies tend to make the system too complex. Although salesforce can adopt any level of complexity, users usually face difficulty in adapting to new changes. Also whenever the companies look for adding new functionalities a large number of variables data has to be kept in mind while making these changes.
4. Training: Another reason why salesforce platforms fail is as they don’t train their users before they allot them the work. As the user does not possess any required skill, the person would not make the best use of the platform. This makes the user unproductive and the whole system becomes inefficient.
5. Salesforce Administrator: The most common mistake that companies do is not hiring a salesforce administrator. Many companies hefty amounts to purchase salesforce licenses and hire consultants to work on the projects. If there is any error or issues with the salesforce platform having a salesforce administrator helps resolve the problems at ease and also monitors the platform 24/7.
Strategies to retrieve positive measure in Salesforce Project
Every project is likely to fail. To avoid this here are some of the precautions that have to be taken in order to avoid failure while implementing the salesforce projects.
- Comprehend the information correctly: According to reports, it is identified that 48% of the developers find the time they spent on information gathering is insufficient. Many projects fail due to mismanagement of data by the head of the project. To make sure your project runs successfully, apart from just giving out requirements, ensure whether the project lead is posing the right questions to the vendor. Your in-house team should be able to give the right budget and time frame for the project to be implemented.
2. Design and Development: Once the vendor has understood your requirements ask him for a clear and detailed execution plan. If the vendor directly jumps into coding then the project would be a disaster.
3. Define Metrics: Make sure your project head or the vendor defines success metrics and KPI’s for the projects. This ensures the team has a clear idea of what work has to be carried out and also will be able to check the progress of the project at each and every stage.
4. Engaging Team: Most of the vendors employ the same people at each and every stage of the software development life cycle to cut costs. A group of experienced developers works on all the tasks which make the development cycle inefficient. If possible ask the vendor to provide the list of all the developers involved at each and every stage of development.
5. Testing: ensure that testing of the application should be an ongoing process rather than doing it in the end. Have a predetermined schedule to test the applications at every stage of development.
6. Revisit Requirements: See if your vendor is getting back to you regularly asking for requirements. This is a sign which ensures that they have a robust process to analyze the requirements.
7. On-Time delivery: Request for a delivery schedule from your vendor for each and every phase of the development so that your organization can plan other things based upon the delivery dates.
Outsource your project requirements:
If you are new to the world of CRM and salesforce, Don’t worry, Micorpyramid is here with you. We provide consultation related to Salesforce CRM implementation, salesforce customizations, and API Integrations to the salesforce platform.